About Beyond Gravity
Beyond Gravity, headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, is the first startup to combine agility, speed and innovation with decades of experience and proven quality. Around 1600 employees at 12 locations in six countries (Switzerland, Sweden, Austria, Germany, USA and Finland) develop and manufacture products for satellites and launch vehicles with the goal of advancing humankind and enabling the exploration of the world and beyond. Beyond Gravity is the preferred supplier of structures for all types of launch vehicles and a leader in selected satellite products and for constellations in the New Space sector.
Description of the role
The purpose of this role is to lead a structures design team and provide design resources to development projects and series production programs. This will include metallic and composite structures for launcher, spacecraft, and non-space applications.
As a Design Manager you will lead the Design team in the field of Structures Development (Launcher, Spacecraft, Non-Space) and provide expertise in Structures Design to development and series projects/programs/objects/products. Furthermore, you develop competence needed in the team and push for innovation and continuous improvement, regarding know-how, tools and methods.
- Contribute to resource planning and skills matrix for all assigned Design teams
- Contribute to R&D-, competences- and technologies strategy and roadmap in area of responsibility together with other Structures Design Teams.
- Take the managerial and leadership responsibility towards own direct reports, performing HR processes such as competence planning, recruitment, performance management, people & leadership development etc.
- Responsible for in budget fulfilment of tasks assigned by projects and cost centre
- Proactively communicate and align with the adjacent Engineering departments for best practice and synergies
- Lead according to the Beyond Gravity’s Values and Code of Conduct
To fit into the role, we believe you have:
- Education in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering (B.Sc./M.Sc. level or equivalent work experience)
- Proven expertise and track record in structural Engineering (metallic and composites)
- Broad understanding, competence and experience in Engineering processes, tools, and methodologies
- Know-how of relevant Engineering tools, IT landscape and interfaces
- Capacity-, budget planning expertise and excellent communication skills
As a person, we believe you to be solution driven, willing to make a difference, service provider mindset, strong customer experience thinking. You are a cooperative leader who puts success of the team first, willing to share experience and knowledge
Furthermore, you are:
- Open-minded, strong communicator and networker
- Logic and concise thinker, capable of finding simple solutions for complex problems without oversimplifying
- Stress resistance and perseverance, able to keep structured and prioritize in a complex environment
- Interested in the Space Industry developments
- Change agent and driver of standardization, improvements, and efficiency gains
Experience/knowledge from areas below will be an advantage, but not a requirement:
- Experience from managing a team / leadership experience
- Know-how of Space Products and Subsystems design, development, and verification- (DDV) as well as testing
- Engineering know-how from adjacent industries (Aeronautics)
Recruitment process information
Place of employment: Linköping
In this recruitment Beyond Gravity collaborates with Tech Talents. We apply continuous selection which means we might close the process before the set ending date. We welcome your application!
If you have any questions regarding the position or the recruitment process, please contact senior Tech Recruiter Alexandra Karlsson at email@example.com or 073-053 42 78.